Adrien,

Sort of. Yes, quantity is a multiplier of a commodity, but the way the
commodity is measured affects what are the legitimate fractions the quantity
can use. If you sell something by the kilo and have a scale that's accurate to
the gram then the fraction for that commodity is 1/1000. If on the other hand
you sell it by the pound and have a scale accurate to the 1/10 ounce then the
fraction of the commodity is 1/160. If the commodity is labor sold by the hour
with 15-minute increments then the fraction is 1/4. As it happens all of those
are exactly representable with decimal fractions, but change that labor
fraction to minutes (1/60) and it no longer is; same for years with month,
week, or day fractions.

Now it turns out that the register used in creating invoices and bills ignores
the commodity's fraction and always uses 10^9, so you're right that changing
the fraction on the commodity won't help until we get that fixed. I *think*
that the 2-decimals issue is a display problem and that the internal numbers
aren't being rounded to two decimals, but I've been (and still am) busy with
other work and haven't yet tested to find out what's really going on.

Regards,
John Ralls