Drat. So I tried upgrading using the epel libraries and now my laptop won't
boot.  I will see if I can recover from this and get back to you. Sent from my
Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> Date:
22/04/22  12:41  (GMT+12:00) To: gr...@ngapourihighlands.co.nz Cc:
gnucash-user@gnucash.org Subject: Re: [GNC] Issue with Balances and Phantom
Transactions HI,The version of GnuCash you are using is so old, it probably has
many MANYbugs..  And it DEFINITELY has bugs related to business features and
MySQL!Note:  You cannot edit an Invoice, Bill, or Credit Note directly from
theregister.  If you try, it SHOULD fail.  If it does not fail, that is abug.
This includes the Invoice/Bill/Credit Note date.  To change anythingon that
transaction you must unpost the Invoice/Bill/Credit Note, make thechange, and
then re-post it.If you DUPLICATE the entry in the A/R or A/P account, you will
generate adetached entry and there is no way to recover.Note that you CAN
change the //date// of a payment transaction safely. However, if you change the
//amount// of a payment transaction you willthrow off all the
calculations.Similarly, duplicating a payment transaction could cause problems
(butthis is recoverable).The first thing you should do is backup your data
file.Next, you should upgrade your GnuCash version.THEN we can look at fixing
your data problems.Good Luck,-derekOn Thu, April 21, 2022 8:13 pm, Grant
Alexander wrote:> This is my first post here.>> I have been belting my head
against a brick wall to trying to solve a> problem (presumably of my own
making).>> Background> Running Gnucash 2.6.17 on Linux (Fedora 24) using a
MySQL database.   I> know stuff is a bit antiquated but this is to keep costs
down as I am> keeping accounts for an incorporated society.>> This issue
presented itself when I was reviewing Receivables Aging.  > We invoice members
once a year and receive payments in March/April.  > We offer a discount on
membership if paid before 31 March and the> member can take that up by paying
their dues $10 short.  I create a> credit note and apply it, along with their
original invoice against the> bank account.   All good.  >> However, I have
sometimes messed up and an applied transactions to the> wrong date and then
gone in and updated the dates in the Bank Account> which has then corrected the
date in Accounts Receivable.  But the> Receivables Aging has then looked like
the attached.  Selection_047.png>> Somehow the transactions have become
orphaned.   The AR is overstated.>   But the invoices have been credited, the
Bank Account is correct.>> I have also ended up with a similar scenario in
Accounts Payable where> I posted a Bill that was supposed to be dated
31/12/2021 but ended up> 31/12/2022.   I corrected the date in the AP
transactional window and> then I ended up with Orphaned transactions.>> I am
happy to share my database with anyone who may be able to unravel> this.   I
found there were records in "invoices" where owner_type=0> which accounted for
these errant transactions.  I also found the> corresponding entries in entries
and slots but I can't figure out how> to fix them or whether there are records
elsewhere I need to locate> too.>> Any help would be gratefully received.>>>
--> Grant Alexander> Ngapouri Highlands>
subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:>
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user> If you are using
Nabble or Gmane, please see> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for
more information.> -----> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.>
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.>--        Derek Atkins
            617-623-3745       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com