Hi people,

I guess the underlying issue is probably Piecash - or possibly the way it
interacts with SQLite. Though GnuCash itself is pretty slow at exit time too
(maybe 30 seconds to a minute) - but not in the same league of slowness as my
Python program using Piecash.

I was simply hoping that maybe someone else had experienced this and might have
some tips - I realise this mailing list is for GnuCash, but given Piecash is
used for manipulating GnuCash files, the thought occurred that others on the
list may have some tips. The MySQL/PostgreSQL suggestion may be a good one. But
before I go down this track I'll a browse though the Piecash code.

I'll report back if I find anything or have success in speeding things up.

Cheers,

Tim.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) secure email.