That's Google being 'helpful' by 'suggesting' substitutions so as not to be allegedly offensive. I guess it reads okay, but that doesn't mean it conveys what you intended. (I wonder, does it edit *incoming* mail too?)

Since you brought up visual impairment, the choice of Green is a really bad one. Some percentage of the population can't perceive Green, nor differentiate it from Red. To them, both colors looks like shades of Gray. This would still be a visual indicator, but which one, Red or Green? Good to Go, or Stop-Error?

I personally think the simple inactive-to-active change is fine.