My question involves three Mutual funds and their parent account.
Two of the mutual funds are selling some of their shares and the parent fund is buying shares.

Details below:

TROSX - Sell x shares but not all.
MYSIX - Sell y shares but not all.
GSFTX - Buy z shares and add to it's existing account.
IRA-Mutual Funds   -   This is the parent account where the cash balance is held.

I tried selling x & y number of shares from TROSX & MYSIX and adding the resulting cash into the parent account IRA-Mutual Funds. Then I purchase z shares from the available cash in the parent account IRA-Mutual Funds. Afterwards the results, specifically the number of shares in each account, were not correct.

I have no idea what I did wrong.

What's the proper way of doing this set of transactions?

Thanks,
Jack

--
Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null
- Anonymous