James,

GnuCash doesn't provide 'downloads' for Linux. (that is, ready to install and run.) GnuCash instead provides the source code for download to 'build' GnuCash. This is probably *not* what you want. (for advanced users and developers)

You install it from *within* Linux (not downloading from a website) using various means:

1. Use the Mint Software Manager.
2. Use an alternative 'graphical pacakage manager' such as Synaptic.
3. Use a 'command-line package manager' such as apt, apt-get, or synaptic (also has a command-line interface)

If you need, or want, the latest GnuCash version and it is not available by one of the above means, look into installing Flatpak support, and then installing the Flatpack version of GnuCash. (if you are a Linux beginner, this is a slightly more advanced method, and I'd stick with option #1 above until you are more familiar with Linux.)