Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded the latest version of GnuCash 4.11, and
the issue still exists. When I edit an existing payment, the job name appears
where the customer name should appear in the payment dialog. If you try to
remove the job name, you can’t enter or find the customer.

When the payment dialog is initially opened, you also get a warning dialog that
says “You have no valid “Post To” accounts. Once you close this dialog, the
Post To field is empty and you can not select an account.

When you open the existing invoice, it shows both the customer and job.

I checked and the job is only associated with a single customer and not a
vendor.

If I delete the payment and create a new one, I can enter the customer then
select the invoice that had the job assigned to it.

This appears to me as a defect in the edit payment. A payment is associated
with a customer, not a job, and it’s applied to an invoice associated with the
customer.

I wish one of the developers would take a look at the defect that I filed back
in 2021.

Thanks for responding.

Keith