> On Oct 1, 2022, at 8:26 AM, William Starrs <wjstarrs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have been downloading and importing OFX (QFX) files from BofA nightly for
> many years.  Starting a few days ago, it crashes when attempting.  This is
> for a checking account.
>
> I do the same for Chase and Amex Credit Cards without issue.  Here is what
> I see in the terminal:
>
> ---------------------------------
>

> 1 ./gnucash_error.txt+ 
>                       Bufs
> (Above message occurred on Line 2, Column 1)
> LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate SONRS
> (Above message occurred on Line 3, Column 1)
> LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate FI
> (Above message occurred on Line 11, Column 1)
> LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
> BANKMSGSRSV1
> (Above message occurred on Line 17, Column 1)
> LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
> STMTTRNRS
> (Above message occurred on Line 18, Column 1)
> free(): double free detected in tcache 2
>
> [1]  + 1959188 IOT instruction (core dumped)  gnucash
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Here is the header of the OFX file that I download:
>
> OFXHEADER:100
> DATA:OFXSGML
> VERSION:102
> SECURITY:NONE
> ENCODING:USASCII
> CHARSET:1252
> COMPRESSION:NONE
> OLDFILEUID:NONE
> NEWFILEUID:NONE
>

> I tried running ofxdump (command line tool from libofx) against the
> downloaded file and it gave those same INFO warnings but did not crash, and
> successfully parsed out the account info, statement info, and transactions.
>
> The only error that appeared in the GNUcash trace that was not in the
> ofxdump was the last line:
>
> free(): double free detected in tcache 2
>
> I have no clue what that pertains to.
>

> Any help would be much appreciated.

The double-free detected error seems to be a feature of the Linux C runtime.
It's a good clue, double-frees are a definite crasher.

Please open a bug report[1] and attach a stack trace[2].

Regards,
John Ralls
[1]
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla#Commenting_on_existing_bugs_or_entering_new_ones