Ah, scratch that last question. I see you've put in the chart which accounts show a reconciled date and it appears sub-accounts never do when using that option.

In that case, yes, I think you found a bug.

Please file it. The instructions are here on the wiki if you aren't familiar with the process:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla

*note, the usual process of reconciliation is to match up records from an outside institution, such as a bank or credit card company, with your own records. It would be highly unusual for accounts *other* than those to be reconciled, though of course, you are free to do so. (because the question is, "reconciled against what, if there is no other party document?")