Before getting too far in the weeds with other possibilities, I'd caution to closely examine your accounts/transactions first, particularly if you can hazard a reasonable guess as to when you first saw the balance go awry.

From near that point, find a transaction with the allegedly correct balance, then do one or more of the following:

1. Carefully review transactions watching the balance to see anything go out of whack in one transaction.

2. Do a search on that account (from the Accounts tab) for any debit transactions over 600k, or the difference between the expected and report balance. (at least one transaction is large and backwards)

3. Reduce the amount searched for if nothing is found by half each time till you get one or more results.

Odds are, at least one transaction has a decimal place wrong, or padded zeros and might even be in the wrong column. (debit vs. credit)

If you regularly import transactions vs. hand entering, it is extremely likely you've got at least one errant import.

If you can't find any candidate transactions, then try the following:

1. View the Account
2. Run an Account Report
3. Export or Copy/Paste into a Spreadsheet app.
4. Do a separate 'balance' column with your own formula.

Are the results at each line the same as reported by GnuCash? (you can even set conditional formatting to check this)

If not, then you likely found a bug, but otherwise, I'd bet you find your errant transactions that didn't show up in the above steps.