If I remember correctly, when I made my own module to grab US EE Bond prices, in order for GnuCash to allow my module to be used, I had to add it to the MODULES list in Quote.pm. I'm working on a Mac, so your path might differ, but for me it's in /Library/Perl/5.30/Finance. I added a line between two of the entries in Quote.pm. For example, here's the chunk of that file for me, where I've added "USBonds" to reference my Perl module "USBonds.pm".

@MODULES = qw/
    AEX
    ... (many many modules)
    Troweprice
    USBonds
    USFedBonds
    Union
    YahooJSON
    ZA
/;

If that's not helpful, and something more has to be done, I don't know what it might be. I don't recall having to do anything else except restarting GnuCash.