On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 9:02 PM John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

> The GnuCash development team announces GnuCash 4.900, the first unstable
> release leading to GnuCash 5.0.

GnuCash is also available as a flatpak from Flathub.org. Instructions for
> installing and running may be found at
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak.

 As a regular user, I tried the instructions to install either the beta
or the production GnuCash.  Both failed.  I am doing cut and paste from:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak

[tydeman@x1car2 ~]$ flatpak remote-add --user --if-not-exists flathub
https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo
[tydeman@x1car2 ~]$ flatpak install --user flathub-beta org.gnucash.GnuCash
Looking for matches…
error: No remote refs found for ‘flathub-beta’
[tydeman@x1car2 ~]$ flatpak remote-add --user --if-not-exists flathub
https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
[tydeman@x1car2 ~]$ flatpak install --user flathub org.gnucash.GnuCash
Looking for matches…
error: The application org.gnucash.GnuCash/x86_64/beta requires the runtime
org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/43 which was not found

If I try to do the install as 'su', after the above error, I get a prompt
to install gnome
(about 1000 meg of data).
Since I do not know where it will put that data, nor how to override, I
declined.
Sorry, I will not be able to test the beta.