The Bills Due Reminder is not just short term, it should show all unpaid bills *that are posted*. (in conjunction with setting the reminder window via Preferences > Business > Bills > Notify when due & Days in advance.)

You can also do Business > Vendor > Find Bill and set the criteria to find unpaid bills.

GnuCash does not have a projection feature to automatically guess if certain bills continue or not. However, the Budget module may be useful there, (and it does have an estimating function based on historical activity) or you can employ future Scheduled Transactions (SX) which make a few reports designed for them a bit more useful for such a scenario. If you choose the SX route, you can get them to fire, run your report, delete them and then turn off the SXs till needed again. (*note, going the SX route is 'outside' the cognizance of the Business Features, so really only useful for projection reports, not as a regular data-entry substitute)