As for the SX list on the SX tab, I did get it to stick after an exit and restart, best I can tell. But I have a very short list (5) and one of those is inactive.

I'm not sure what the reference was towards 'still open windows' as the sort order didn't magically change if I clicked on a different tab and then back again anyway.