I've done this very thing to myself in the past. Turns out I wanted to stop seeing a bunch of zero value accounts and didn't make them "hidden", but instead unclicked the

View->Filter By..->Other->Show Zero Total Accounts checkbox.

Since new accounts have a zero balance, voila (or maybe un-voila?) they disappear as soon as they're created. What fun.