Unfortunately, the transactions for bills/invoices cannot be even annotated after posting.

Your option is to:

unpost - edit notes, repost

However, in the case of the payment transaction - that *should* be editable (from the Bank Account) with no issues.

The expense account will not be editable as that is the actual bill transaction. (which will also appear in AP)

If when creating the bill, you put descriptive information (in addition to notes) on the various line items, and *do not* 'consolidate splits' on posting, then those line item descriptions will appear individually.

Also unfortunately, the Notes field for a bill/invoice, does not appear in registers. They are only visible by viewing the invoice. (I think some printed versions may show it as well)