I didn't notice that. I must be getting bleary eyed looking through
accounts. Here is the split transaction. I credited ( new charge ) to the
credit card and debited ( new debit ) to the Expenses:Dining account. and
yes the balance owed was reduced by that amount. Still something is not
right. I can't figure out what it is.