On Mar 9, 2023, at 11:38 PM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

Hi All,

Fedora 37
gnucash-4.13-1.fc37.x86_64

How do I set up a scheduled transaction to go off
the second Wednesday of the month?

Many thanks,
-T

On 3/9/23 21:05, David Reiser wrote:
> In the scheduled transaction editor, in the Frequency tab, in the box
> under the Daily/weekly/monthly/yearly drop down menu there is a box
> where you can set “Every {number} [time period]
>
> on the next line, it says “On the” [drop down menu] “except on weekends”
> [another drop down menu]
>
> At the bottom of the long list in the first of those drop down menus,
> you can choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th [pick a day of the week]
>
> --
> Dave Reiser
> dbrei...@icloud.com

Hi David,

I did something similar to that.  I set the
transaction to the 14th.

If the 1st is a Wednesday, then the 2nd W would be
the 8th.

But if the 1st was a Thursday, then the second
W would be the 13th, so picking the day of the
week is not helpful.  This is why I picked
the 14th.

Thank you anyway for the reply!

-T