On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 2:21 PM John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

> > On Mar 11, 2023, at 11:14 AM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.truss...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I was surprised the flatpak "stable" repository was showing an update to
> > GnuCash 4.13. I was even more surprised it was showing the update would
> be
> > to a commit from December. ...
>
> [SNIP]
>
> >      Commit:
> > eb1be08966b94073a6f219dcf8f61f42c88228d1d1f2aba15da990591bccf3c7
> >      Parent:
> > 7e2d8364088a32d0f6849893a43b41a5623886c2d5c7da3505c023ba0c86fa5f
> >     Subject: Fix GnuCash tarball sha256 (bd9f8e1e)
> >        Date: 2022-12-18 22:30:44 +0000
>
> The commits are weird. The one in parentheses is the current HEAD on
> https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/commits/master and as will
> be apparent if you visit that page the commit was needed because the first
> build failed.
>
> Does the subject for the parent commit say "Package GnuCash 4.13
> (c825100b)"? That's the build that failed so it's seems odd to me that it
> would have made an installable flatpak.

I don't know how to look for the information you requested. All I know how
to discern is through the flatpak info command, and it shows exactly what
you've quoted.

I searched github for the last eight characters of the strings and have not
found anything relevant EXCEPT the parent commit you mentioned.

HOWEVER I just noticed in

https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-flatpak

there's an update to modules/aqbanking.json from last week. It could easily
be that I have not checked flatpak updates since you made that change.
Could that one file explain it?  I don't use AQBanking so I don't even know
where I'd look in my installation unless I dug into the installed flatpak.

I just chose Help --> About

Version: 4.13
Build ID: Flathub 4.13
Finance::Quote: 1.5301