I have been searching through my accounts, as time allowed, for the reason
as to why I had an imbalance in the Trial Balance and also the Balance
Sheet.

Using the 'Find' and all amounts greater than '0' I was checking debits and
credits were the same in the results window. Using the cursor keys so that
I could see where I was, rather than the mouse to scroll. Gnucash threw up
a mis-match warning that I had not seen before, to point out there was a
mis-match. Several transactions in the same account did not match their
counterpart.

Using the 'manual adjustment' offered I found I could not change the
amount, 243.00 to the correct 242.36.

On further investigation I found that for this particular account, the
'Smallest Fraction' in the 'Edit Account' window was set at '1' instead of
'Use Commodity Value'.

After setting this to 'Use Commodity Value' and running 'Repair All', the
disparity went away and now all is well.

I thought I would just pass this on, it may save someone a lot of time, and
possibly their hair.