In 4.13, the Close Book help text, which is the Close Book section of
the installed manual, includes the following text under "How It Works",
as the second paragraph under "Necessity":

"In fact, closing the books reduces the usefulness of the standard
reports because the reports don’t currently understand closing
transactions. So from their point of view it simply looks like the net
income or expense in each account for a given period was simply zero. "

That paragraph doesn't seem to be accurate any more. I closed the books
in 4.13 and the ran an income statement for the full year. The account
totals were given just as they were before I closed the book.

Can whoever is maintaining the book look at deleting that paragraph,
please? (And please note: This is the installed manual, not the one on
the website. I have GnuCash running in a virtual machine with no Internet.)

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA