Hello all,

I have just started using "Interactive Brokers" to trade with, and I am
trying to figure out the best way to import transactions to GnuCash,
Buy/Sell Shares and deposits/withdrawals, and also net worth at point in
time to check/compare net worth reported by GnuCash.

I looked at the export options provided by Interactive Brokers and they
have so many different ways to export!

they have "Third-Party Downloads"

   - Quicken Web Connect
   - GainsKeeper
   - TradeLog
   - MS Money

All are OFX format and identical, except Trade Log which is a pipe
separated file (of sorts as they are not completely row and column based)

they also have a number of preconfigured "Default Statements"

   - Activity
   - MTM Summary
   - Realized Summary
   - Commodities Regulatory
   - Trade Confirmation
   - Aggregated Costs and Charges

Most of which is available in CSV format (again sort of)
And you can create custom reports, which I tried but I was not able to
create a report that was formatted as a nice row/column csv file with the
data I needed.

I can import the OFX files into GnuCash, but the problem is that it does
not break out the fee and it does not have any description when buying and
selling shares. The main deal breaker is that it does not separate out the
fees.

I am thinking I may need to work on the trade log and convert that into a
CSV that can be imported into GnuCash.

Is there anyone that is using Interactive Brokers and has a good way of
importing transactions (buy/sell Shares and Cash Deposits Withdrawals)?

Is anyone extracting net worth, e.g. current market value per each
investment?
I use this as a check to compare net worth reported by GnuCash.

Many thanks in advance for any tips or hints.

Ove.