Hi Wolfgang/all,

While I definitely echo what John has mentioned about having a tax professional that has experience preparing tax returns with stock options review the situation and your accounting setup, I will also note how helpful it is when a tax client is actually interested enough in how the relevant accounting rules works to assemble the necessary information correctly. The difference between working on a tax return for a "shoebox client" and a client that is organized is the frequently the difference between a good workday and a bad one...

Wolfgang: did your company provide you with a form 3922 or form 3921 for your stock options? https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-3922 & https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-3921

Another thing to think about is whether those stock options that are vested & distributed annually show up as compensation on your W2 - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-2

Brad