On 2023-04-05 07:18, Tute Terner wrote:
/When I search in the Find dialog box using the Description field, />/everything works. But when I
search by the Memo field or the />/'Description, Notes or Memo' field or the Action field the Search
/>/Results always turn out empty, even though the search string is present />/in the Memo or
Action fields of some transactions.  I am using Gnucash />/5.0 for Windows, but I have noticed this
in some previous versions too. />/Am I doing something incorrect or is this a bug. I don't see that
/>/anybody has mentioned this behaviour in the mailing list or in the bug />/list. Thank you. /

The specific search instance I had is this. I have a Gnucash file with accounts X, Y, and Z. X and Y have split Memo fields containing the search string 'paid'. I display account register X and search for 'paid' in the Memo field. Zero results. I then go to 'List of accounts' tree tab and search the same, using 'New Search' every time. I get results from both X and Y. So this works, but I don't want the result from Y.

So again I search from the accounts tree tab adding the 'and' condition of Account and set it to X. Again 0 results. I display account register Y and run the search on Memo field only. Again 0 results.

To make doubly sure I created a dummy gnucash file with accounts X, Y and Z as above. Same results. So looks like a bug to me.