On 2023-04-09 08:04, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op zondag 9 april 2023 16:22:42 CEST schreef David G. Pickett:
>> As it should never have occurred, and should not be a warning, it is a (low
>> priority) bug report, not an enhancement.  Assume everything is good but
>> validate inputs before using, leads to simpler, cleaner code.  The code
>> should complain about the key when it has occasion to use it, not as a
>> warning, but as an error.  If it has occasion to use it 30 times, 30 errors
>> until the user configures it correctly.
>>
> Call it what you will. Regardless both a bug report or an enhancement request
> should be reported in bugzilla, not on the mailing list.

"Not _only_ on the mailing list," I would have agreed with 100%.

Any bug or enhancement request should go in the bug database, but I
believe there can be value in _limited_ discussion in the mailing list
also. For one thing, it will save time for others who run into the same
issue: they won't have to take time searching for what they might have
been done wrong. And others who might report a bug will know that it's
already been done, which will save time for them and reduce duplicate
reports to the developers.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com