On 2023-05-02 08:16, Lipp F. wrote:
> I am only getting the "gnucash-user Digest, Vol nnn" emails. How do I reply
> to a topic or to a  topic reply? Thx.

1. Before clicking Reply, highlight just the portion you are replying
to, including the writer's name. Your email program will probably select
only that part. (If you're only replying to part of a message, just
include that part.)

2. If your email program copies the whole digest, then manually delete
everything _except_ what you are replying to.

3. Subject line: Don't leave any part of the digest's text in your
reply's subject line. Change it to "Re:" and the subject line of the
part you're replying to. (Omit the "Re:" if there's already one there.
Also, you don't need to put "[GNC]" in the subject line.)

4. Type your reply below the previous text.

Is there some reason you want digest form? I tried it, and found that
despite the promise of one omnibus message I got several; digests some
days. And the digest didn't group messages by topic, so it was actually
harder to follow threads then getting individual messages (since
Thunderbird threads messages).

If you want to switch your preference to non-digest, follow the
directions at the bottom of every email.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com