I have been keeping the books for three separate related entities in the
same file.
I have decided it would be better to have each entity in its own file.
So, one idea is to copy the large file 3 times, to three different names.
Then delete the accounts and transactions of 2 entities, keeping the third.
Do that three times so each file ends up with just the data for one entity.
I have around 1915 accounts, so that might be too much work.

I believe I first tried: Export Transactions to CSV (for a subset of
accounts),
then Import Transactions from CSV
but I got lots of errors about missing items (perhaps securities).
(could be I did that wrong).

I am open to suggestions.