The intention was to highlight the response used accounts, not the built-in
tax report, rather than suggest the tax report should be available to
Australians. I imagine the report allows tax codes to be attached to
accounts and sums all accounts for the same code. I was taught to align
accounts to tax items. I expect the tax code table would need to be user
accessible so users could change it if needed, even if it involved editing
a system table, instead of relying on a maintenance release.

I don't know if it would be feasible, the Australian Taxation Office has
heaps of forms and there are 13 annual returns on
https://www.ato.gov.au/Forms/Consolidated-list-of-approved-forms-by-tax-topic/?anchor=H13#H13
and
more regular forms like the Business Activity Statement. Increasingly the
forms are being replaced by online systems but the data still needs to be
collated.

Others might see it differently. Commercial finance software connects
directly to the tax office demonstrating it is possible.

Regards