On Sun, 7 May 2023 07:18:20 -0700
Stan Brown <the_stan_br...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 2023-05-06 22:28, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> > The app does throw a dialog onscreen when a user tries to save with
> > an open transaction. Unfortunately, the message is generic, and a
> > user is forced to look through the open tabs and try to figure out
> > which register holds this transaction. Others have commented on this
> > in the past.
> Has an enhancement request been submitted about this? It's an ongoing
> annoyance, and I can't understand why GC requires me to guess which of
> half a dozen pen registers contains the incomplete transaction.
>
> Stan Brown
> Tehachapi, CA, USA
> https://BrownMath.com

Every three months I have a split transaction with 7 splits. I will
edit that sequentially in 6 or 7 registers. I used to try concurrent
editing, but if it ever worked, it doesn't now.
At present it can only be saved from one register, but its not the one
I opened it in first, it's the one from which I saved it as a scheduled
transaction.
Even finding that register to save a complex transaction is difficult
some days.

Just to let you know that what Stan describes is a difficulty in
Gnucash, not just some awkward users with complex use cases, this is
just doing my tax.

Liz