On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 4:20 AM Ken Farley <farle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where did you get the impression that you could use gunzip to uncompress
> the files?

A previous message about mass change of stock price source used gunzip
as part of that process.  But, in rereading that message, I see that I
missed
that ".gz" was added to the file name.

> To "uncompress" the file you need to change your preferences in Gnucash
> to turn off "Compress Files", then save your file. This will make the
> file uncompressed.

I expected to find that option in:  File: Properties
Instead, I found it in: Edit: Preferences: General
Anyway, changing it did get me a plain text file that I could edit.  Thanks.

After doing my mass edit of changing the security namespace,
I also did: Actions: Check & Repair: Check & Repair All