Stan,

Please also advise OS and version and what version of Gnucash you are using
when you post a query as things change from version to version.

Have you found the wiki entry relating to Scheduled Txns -
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Scheduled_Transactions ?

You might find it easier initially to right click on an existing txn and
then Click "Schedule..." in the popup menu which should fill in most of the
fields for a scheduled txn - that should give you an idea of what goes
where.  Even if you then discard/delete the example scheduled txn.

Cheers David H.