On 2023-07-01 08:01, Fross, Michael wrote:
> Hello N.Srinivasan,
>
> GNUCash supports an argument where you can simply specify the desired
> .gnucash file.  I'm on windows, and I simply set up two GNUCash "icons",
> each with a different .gnucash file as it's argument.  The lock files are
> distinct and I don't believe there is any risk to having them both open.  I
> do store the different files in different directories.
>
> Is that what you are asking?

What you say is true as far as it goes, but I think you're leaving our
an important point made earlier:

Preferences and saved reports are not tied to a particular GnuCash file.
Thus if you have two different GnuCash account books used by the same
login, they will share preferences and reports.

To keep everything separate, you need to have two user logins on the
same machine, and be careful to access one GnuCash file only from user
login A, and the other GnuCash file only from user login B.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com