Here’s the final version (for now) of my script. I hope someone else finds it
useful.

Thanks to all who responded to my query with suggestions.

--
Tom

Federal taxes can be paid with dollars, but the dollars have to be created
(spent) by the government before anyone has dollars with which to pay their
taxes.