On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 02:25:33PM +0100, Paul Feakins wrote:
> On 12/07/2023 13:55, Chris Green wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 01:19:41PM +0100, Paul Feakins wrote:
> >> Why would you have 2 separate instances of GnuCash rather than simply 2
> >> Asset accounts?
> >>
> > Why not?  :-)
> >
> > I see no advantage in having everything in one.
>
> Because the Church is one entity and it owns both accounts?

That's not an advantage.

> Because GnuCash is designed to handle multiple Asset accounts?

That's not an advantage.

> Because opening 2 instances is more complicated than opening just one?

That might be regarded as an advantage but I don't see it really.
Having separate instances means that I know which transactons go
where. If I'm using the current account gnucash then only bank
transactions go there. Same for the other.

> Because a transfer from one account to the other would be easier in the
> same instance?

Why?

--
Chris Green