On 2023-07-15 14:42, R Losey wrote:
> And, if an email is long, or if there is much back-and-forth, one must
> scroll to see replies, even if they are simple. Having them at the top
> is easier to see... and  being "out of order" is not usually a problem
> (contrived situation aside).

With all respect, that's a straw man. It does indeed occur when people
fail to trim their quotes to only the part that is relevant to their
reply. In my opinion, that's highly rude, because in effect the writer
says "I am the most important person in the world, and my time to trim
is more valuable than the combined time of all the people who will
receive this message and have to hunt for the relevant bits."

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com