Hi Brad,

Did you already review the information & links from my last email
responding to your OFX/online banking issues?

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-July/107875.html

Yes. Well, partly. I read the message, but I did not go to both webpages you
gave me; I went to [
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings |
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings ] looking for
"Wells Fargo" and I found nearly zero. There was one reference to "Wells Fargo"
and that was a reference to https://ofxdc.wellsfargo.com/ofx/process.ofx which
I suspect is not instruction to me, but might be to GnuCash. In any case, I am
left with zero guidance.

There are two obvious reason for so little instruction: "It is trivial." and
does not justify the effort to write any instructions or "It is impossible."
and does not justify the effort to write any instructions.

There are other places I could go for instructions, but it occurred to me that
maybe I'm not the only Wells Fargo depositor to try GnuCash, and there might be
some valuable experience available for the asking. So, I asked.

BQ_BEGIN
If so, did you have more specific questions?
BQ_END

Yes. What diagnosis and debug facilities are available? Am I going to have to
compile code and step through it with a debugger? I can do that, but if I have
to, but I don't think I want to. It just sounds like a frustrating project. I
haven't yet tried to do an OFX exchange, because antecedent to "exchange" is
"setup", and I'm still not entirely sure how I do that, or even if I can do
that with Wells Fargo.

I am curious about relative successes. OFX exchange is so important to me that
I would consider changing banks to get it. What banks support GnuCash OFX with
the fewest probems? Which ones have the most trouble?

Thanks for the help,
--
Chris.

V:916.799.9461
F:916.974.0428
A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
    Q: > Why should I start my reply below the quoted text?