From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+gylemc=gmail....@gnucash.org> on
behalf of Stephen M. Butler <kg...@arrl.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 2:20 PM
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Scheduled Transaction - Loan Amortization

Here are the entries (3 splits) I use on my scheduled transaction:

Split 1:    Assets:Checking:xxx        Credit -- $326.97   (payment
comes from checking account)
Split 2:    Liabilities:Loans:yyy         Debit -- 326.97 - ipmt( .04490
/ 12.00 : i -2: 240.00 : 51,630.34 : 0 : 0 )
Split 3:   Expense:Interest Paid      Debit -- ipmt( .04490 / 12.00 : i
-2: 240.00 : 51,630.34 : 0 : 0 )

                 Notes:  .04490/12 is the monthly interest
                             i-2 is the month number (found that
adjusting by 2 months gave me numbers that matched the bank much better
-- try with just i)
                             240 is the total number of months for loan
(20 yrs -- RV)
                             51,630.34 is the original loan amount

Stephen M Butler
stephen.m.butle...@gmail.com