In that case, you would probably be better served with two books, one for yourself and your wife.

In each of those books, you'd have some sort of 'family assets' account as a source of funds, that each of you might independently add money to before spending it. Either of you could then run reports on money spent from that family account. (an alternative would be to maintain a 3rd joint book.)