Follow up to:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-August/108616.html
And, apologies again for not following up until after the month has rolled over...

Assume this is the year 1950 and so you are keeping your books the way they did back then, pen and ink on accounting ruled paper. How would you record this transaction? Assuming you had that clearly laid out, what difficulties are you having doing that using gnucash...
Michael, there's a lot of assumption in there...

And yes I agree, similar to selling a receivable to a factor or debt collection service. The fact that you might be the owner of both is irrelevant. However the state/condition of the first business might be relevant. The state of CONTESTED invoices when a business id closing down or in bankruptcy proceedings will probably differ jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

So, invoices not contested; businesses both in business (on going). Then, what do I put on the invoice for the invoice/debt that I'm selling to the other business? I mean, what *are* the unpaid invoices that I'm selling? And then, I should probably raise a bill in the receiving business, which will create a hole in need of filling - to be filled by a new invoice issued from the receiving business to the errant clients? This feels like it must be a fairly common circumstance, but none of the account websites I've dragged up seem show how it's done - perhaps my google fu is rusty.

Many thanks
M.

--
Morgan Read