> On Sep 16, 2023, at 09:10, fci...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm running gnucash 5.3 on Windows 11.  I also just installed Postgresql 16.
> I cannot save my file in the postgres format.  I get the following error:
>
> The server at URL postgres://postgres@localhost/gnucash experienced and
> error or encountered bad or corrupt data.
>
> I have successfully run a previous version of Postgres (14 I think)
> successfully.  Anyone with a clue as to what's wrong?

That's a catch-all error dialog, there will be more information in the
tracefile (https://www.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile) and maybe still more in the
Postgres server logs. For still more detail try again, running GnuCash with
`--log gnc.backend=debug`. The resulting tracefile will include the text of all
queries and responses and may expose your financial data so be careful about
sharing it.

Regards,
John Ralls