On 2023-09-16 13:31, R Losey wrote:

> There are functions to Cut, Copy, and Paste Transactions... I use them when
> I find I have posted a transaction to the wrong credit card account.

For those who may not know ... It's also possible simply to change the
wrong credit card to the right one, directly in the original
transaction. If you do it in the account register for the wrong account,
the transaction will disappear from that register (and appear in the
correct account's register, if you have it open) as soon as you press
Enter to commit the transaction.

There are two main philosophies around correcting transactions. One
thinks in pen-and-ink terms and so will enter a correcting transaction:
in the case of a credit-card transaction that means a debit to the wrong
account and credit to the correct account. The other will correct an
error by editing the original transaction as outlined above. (Some
people will edit a recent transaction but not a transaction that was
entered months ago. That's my own approach.)

For people's personal finances, it's a matter of taste which approach to
use. I just mentioned editing an old transaction as another possibility.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com/