I've been attempting to import a large, consolidated CSV file containing
multiple accounts into GnuCash. Previously, I used to import transaction
logs from various accounts individually, which I thought was a cumbersome
process. To simplify this, I’ve created scripts to compile all transactions
into one comprehensive CSV file for what I thought would be a more
straightforward import process.

However, I've encountered an issue where GnuCash duplicates certain
transactions during the import. Specifically, this happens when a
transaction represents a withdrawal from one account and a deposit into
another, which are naturally recorded as two separate entries in the CSV.
For instance, when money is withdrawn from a bank account and deposited
into a cash account, the consolidated CSV file includes one row showing the
bank account debit and another showing the cash account credit.

I assumed that GnuCash’s import algorithm would recognize and eliminate
these duplicate transactions during the import process as it typically does
with other duplicates. Unfortunately, my tests indicate that it imports
both transactions, resulting in duplicated entries.

Is this a mistake on my part, or is this behavior expected from GnuCash
when importing a large CSV with multiple accounts? Any insights or
solutions to prevent these duplicates would be greatly appreciated.

--
cheers,

Gio