Hi. New to this. I just downloaded an OFX file for a credit card I have. I
imported it into my “Unsaved Book.” That worked. It is now on the Accounts
Page with an amount under the “Total” column. But there is also a line that
says “Imbalance-USD” with the same same amount under Total. I understand (I
think) that that Imbalance is due to the fact that I have no other account
in there and so there is nothing to balance my CC account with.

So, I obviously need to enter some new accounts. I haven’t paid off all of
that CC account, but I have paid some of it. The unpaid portion would be
under “Liability” I assume, and the paid part under “Expense.”

Not sure what to do next. I’m running GnuCash on a MacBook Pro, which I’m
also pretty new at.

Thanks,

Edwin