Yes, I have the following account structure:

Assets
    Investments|
        Brokerage Account, security/currency = USD
            Security Account, security/currency = <ticker symbol>
            Security Account, security/currency = <ticker symbol>

The Adv Profile report worked fine in the previous version of Gnucash (4.4, I think it was). Cash balances in the Brokerage account worked fine. In 5.4, it seems they're broken.

I created a "debug.gnucash file". If I delete ALL price db entries, the Adv Profile report works fine. But if I have even one price in the price db (manually entered, or downloaded), the USD in the brokerage account have a price equal to the one security for which I have a price.

Whatever changed since 4.4, it would be nice to get it 'fixed'.

-marcus