> On Nov 1, 2023, at 04:19, Michael Hendry <hendry.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> iMac,  Sonoma 14, GnuCash Version: 5.1
> Build ID: 5.1+(2023-04-30)
>
> I had last edited my personal file several days ago, and this file was still
> open when I used the File->Open command to change the file to one I haven’t
> opened for several weeks.
>
> Finding a number of unwanted open tabs, I was in the process of closing these
> when the crash occurred.
>
> I opted to reopen GnuCash and got the “file already open” message. When I
> opted for “Open Anyway” the file opened without further incident, and I was
> able to close the unwanted tabs.
>
> The extract from the crash report below points to GnuCash as being involved,
>
> Is this of any use to the development team?
>
> I could obviously send the whole report as an attachment if that would help.

Michael,

That's enough of the crash report to figure out what's going on: It needs a
NULL check before the GTK_IS_WIDGET at
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/d617129db83b37cc12b3c2434c55e73efb4d98d6/gnucash/gnome/gnc-plugin-page-report.cpp#L337.

I've pushed that fix. Thanks for the report.

Regards,
John Ralls