Glad you found your answer, and thanks for reporting back that you did!

That's an odd bug with regards to the Description/Memo fields.

I recall an existing bug about the Notes/Memo fields but didn't realize this affected the Description also.

If you find that existing bug, maybe make a comment about this new facet, and/or file an additional bug. From what I recall, the Notes field and the first 'assigned' Memo field always end up duplicated for some reason and the Notes are not otherwise editable even after the fact.

Such data should not change in these cases.