On Saturday, 18 November 2023 04:17:50 GMT David Kirkby wrote:
> Unfortunately, when entering the transaction into GnuCash, I created a
> split and  put the £7 bank fee into Expense -> Bank Charges. The result is
> that £7 is accounted for twice. I'm show it as an expense, but the bank
> statement has already taken this into account.

Where is the £7 accounted for twice?   Is it also in the exchange rate
conversion or something?   What you describe above sounds exactly the correct
thing to have done.

AIUI, invoice for €500 touches A/R and Income accounts.

Payment touches A/R, Bank and Exp:BankCharge (with the currency conversion
complication, granted).

Did you create a separate txn too for the bank fee, or discount the invoice or
something?

I'm not quite getting what you did to make the £7 appear twice.

> I know £7 is not a lot, but it is annoying me. I would like to try to solve
> the problem.

now, that I do understand.  either the accounts are "correct" or they are not!
The size of the error is not as important as there being the error to find!

Maf.