It  has nothing to do with browsers. ghelp was a private uri scheme used by
Yelp, the Gnome Desktop documentation reader. It was retired several years ago
when Gnome Desktop adopted the XDG standard. We were a bit slow on the uptake
and didn't change the help links until 4.12 after Yelp dropped their backwards
compatibility code. Unfortunately the new XDG help: scheme uses a new directory
structure so simply changing the links, which are anyway hardcoded, won't make
it start working.

Regards,
John Ralls