Reading

https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-guide/currency_manual.html

it describes how to set up *banks *for multiple currencies

-Assets (USD)
   -Current Assets (USD)
      -US Bank (USD)
      -European Bank (EUR)
      -HK Bank (HKD)
-Equity (USD)
   -Opening Balances (USD)
      -USD (USD)
      -EUR (EUR)
      -HKD (HKD)

but there's nothing I can see written about setting up AR or AP.

I currently have the following setup, and I'm starting to suspect that this
might be wrong, as GnuCash is not generating reports properly.

[image: image.png]
Assets > Accounts Receivable is a GBP account. It's used for 95% of the
transactions. It has child-accounts (sub-accounts?) of USD and EUR. I'm
wondering if it is necessary to have instead either
1)
Assets:Accounts Receivable *(placeolder account)*
Assets:Accounts Recieive:Accounts Recievable (GBP)
Assets:Accounts Recieive:Accounts Recievable (EUR)
Assets:Accounts Recieive:Accounts Recievable (USD)

or

2)
Assets:Accounts Receivable(GBP)* (rename the current AR)*
Assets:Accounts Receivable(USD)
Assets:Accounts Receivable(EUR)

If I need to change my current setup, then it is going to be a real PITA.
I'll probably have to go for option 2 above and delete all transactions
that are not in GBP

It would be useful if the online documentation covered this, as I can't see
it anywhere.
--
Dr David Kirkby Ph.D
Kirkby Microwave Ltd