Eric, you can still do this if you close the books each year:

> OK it looks as if it's just as good not to close the books if, e.g., I
> might want to run an income statement comparing 2022 and 2023.

Be brave! Try it and see for yourself ;--)

Regards

Geoff
=====

On 5/12/2023 12:07 pm, Eric Chapman wrote:
Hi, Geoff,

OK, it looks as if it's just as good not to close the books, if, e.g., I might want to run an income statement comparing 2022 and 2023.

Eric

Geoff or anyone else,

However, does that mean that every time I look at the "Accounts" tab I will see ever-growing amounts that reflect transactions from "Day 1" of starting to use GnuCash? And, correspondingly, I'll have to run a current year income statement report to see what I was able to see at a glance in Year 1? Seems less than ideal, but …

Thanks,

Eric